- General Question
- Can I use Senna for business?
- I made an application for Senna.
- Question about Senna uses
- About MySQL Binding
- I get a error during MySQL compile
- Question About Install
Can I use Senna for business?
I made an application for Senna.
Not only patches for Senna, we also much appliciate developing applications related to Senna. If you correspond with us about your work, we will introduce it.
Question about Senna uses
- Can I use Senna without MySQL?
You can use Senna without binding to MySQL. Senna can work in C code, and various types of languages are able to use for binding. We also produce binding with PostgresSql named ludia.
- Search doesn't work well.
It might be occurred by following cases
- Character sets specified in /var/senna/senna.conf or c:\senna\senna.conf, for MeCab's dictionary, and for a target index are different.
- Using MeCab dictionary which is made with wrong character sets.
- Senna reads old format index, when Senna loses compatibility of indexes by version up.
If you encouter these kind of phenomenon, you should check those encodings are matched or not. And operate below.
- If you're using Senna alone
- Delete index files, and restructuring them.
- If you're using MySQL + Senna
- Drop full text index, and then do rcreate it.
- Stop MySQL server. Restructuring index by myisamchk -r
- Is there a system that can search internal contents of a server like Namazu?
- Can I use huge document sets?
Senna is designed to be able to handling huge document sets. We recommend to set below:
- For MySQL binding, patch the 2ind-patch, if you need to do searching refinement, getting numbers of item by count(*), and sorting by any items except score order.If you use mysql with 2ind-patch, you have to check key_buffer_size parameter is properlly chooned.
- Set INITIAL_N_SEGMENTS suitable size. That can find in senna.conf
- Use Linux 2.6 or above, to enable user level cache (currently it's not stable).
- Breakup contents.
About MySQL Binding
I get a error during MySQL compile
MySQL + Senna is possibly shows up error like this
myisamchk.o: In function `main': myisamchk.c:(.text+0x72): undefined reference to `sen_init' libmyisam.a(mi_open.o): In function `mi_open': mi_open.c:(.text+0x14e7): undefined reference to `sen_log' ...
What the reasons are:
- You didn't run autotools (automake or autoconf), before you run configure.
- Linker cannot find libraries.
Second one probably avoids by these provision.
- Do "ls /usr/local/lib", and confirm existence of libsenna.a
- Add "/usr/local/lib" line in /etc/ld.so.conf as root. If there is no file, create as new file.
- run "ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib" as root
- How can I use AND Search, OR Search, or NOT Search?
There is two ways:
- Expand WHERE clause as WHERE MATCH(a) AGAINST('text') AND NOT MATCH(a) AGAINST('text') OR MATCH ...
- Use IN BOOLEAN MODE (Refer query syntax for detail grammar)
Question About Install
- I don't know how to configure MySQL!
Please refer MySQL's configure option
- Compile stops during nfkc.c
Some compiler takes very long time. If the compiling doesn't end even 15 minutes passed, halt it by Ctrl-C. Then configure again by either one of
- run configure with --disable-nfkc option
- run configure with assigned -O0 to environment variable CFLAGS